Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Default How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document

You can do it like this --

1. Insert section breaks around the block in the middle.

2. Break the header and footer links between the sections (clear the 'same
as previous' button on the Headers/Footers toolbar).

3. Somewhere in the middle block insert a SectionPages field. This shows the
number of pages in the section. Select the field and bookmark it (called eg
Sec2Pages).

4. In the final section, where you want the page number to appear, use a
nested field calculation: { = { PAGE } - { REF Sec2Pages } }

5. Hide the SectionPages field by setting the font to white or drawing a
white rectangle over the top. You can't set it to hidden or the calculation
won't work.

You'll need to update fields whenever the number of pages in mid-section
changes, to refresh the calculation. This normally happens automatically
when you print.

"RA" wrote in message
How can I skip page numbering in the midle of a document. This is, to not
print any page number on a section located between 2 sections. I would
like
to have this part of the document without page numbering. I would like to
continue the page numbering in the next section while ignoring the
counting
of this block of pages.