If you find, after you have restarted Word, that PDFMaker.dot is unchecked
again, then you need to make sure that the Startup folder it's in is the one
Word is actually using (compare it to the path at Tools | Options | File
Locations). If that is all correct, then the only thing I can think of is
that some other add-in is unloading it.

"Jack*" wrote in message
Is PDFMaker.dot listed under Tools | Templates and Add-ins?

But of course it is.

If so, is it checked?

But of course it wasn't. Thank you so much, the toolbar is back, but I

have
no idea what I did to lose them in the first place. Again, thank you

Suzanne.

Jack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is PDFMaker.dot listed under Tools | Templates and Add-ins? If so, is it
checked? I'm not clear why it would not be loading if it's in the Office
Startup folder. Are you getting any messages at startup about macros

being
disabled?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jack*" wrote in message
Before posting here, I did a search for pdfmaker.dot and found it at:

C:\program files\adobe\acrobat6.0\pdfmaker.dot
C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\startup\pdfmaker.dot
C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\startup\pdfmaker.dot

It was also under My Computer twice and there were two shortcuts to

it.

Right clicking on any of the Word toolbars produces a list that does

not
include pdfmaker.dot If I look at a list of .doc files to open and

right
click on a file, I do see the option to convert to PDF, but the PDF

toolbar
is no where to be found.

Jack

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You should have the toolbar provided you have PDFMaker.dot in the

Word
or
Office Startup folder. Right-click on any toolbar and select

PDFMaker
6.0
from the list. Word *should* continue to display the toolbar the

next
time
you start up if it is displayed when you quit Word, though sometimes

getting
Word to save its settings is difficult.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jack*" wrote in message
I guess I am looking for the opposite here. After installing AA

6.0,
did
have the PDF toolbar in word, but one day it just disappeared, and

used
it
enough to want to keep it. Now I can't find a way to restore it.

How
do
do that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"duvalte" wrote in message
Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0
I close the PDFMaker toolbar, but it comes back up when I

switch
between
documents or when I open a new one.