Graham Mayor

The illustrations were taken from Word 2000 - some of the options have since
been removed as part of Microsoft's security purge.

wrote:
Graham Mayor wrote:
See
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm for workarounds

Thanks. Yes, Paste Special As Picture allows me to
rotate the text.

One question .... My Paste Special dialog box (usually)
only provides the option Picture (Windows Metafile), not
simply Picture, which appears in your example.

What am I doing wrong?

I say "usually" because one time I did see Picture as
well as Picture (Windows Metafile). I cannot remember
what sequence of keystrokes made that happen. But when
I repeat the simple sequence of Copy followed by Paste
Special, I repeatedly see only Picture (Windows Metafile).

FYI, I disabled most of the automatic mechanisms under
Tools customize, options, and autocorrect. I am using
Word 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1 with XP Pro.