Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Adam Adam is offline

Default Changing a next page section break to a continuous one in a column

I am having the opposite problem. I have been using the Insert Section Break
function and selecting "Next Page," but the result is a "Continuous" section
break... and I cannot seem to get it to work properly anywhere in the
document. I even go into the Section properties dialogue box and change it
from Continuous to Next Page, but as soon as the box closes-- Voila!-- it's a
Continuous break again. I assume this is poor quality control and not a
secret conflict between two Word functions, but the knowledge base doesn't
seem to address it. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me know.