Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Help - Name highlighted in Grey

I would have to add that if that fixed your problem, it is almost certain
that you have not actually executed the merge, but are just printing a
preview of the results. If you execute the merge, there will be no fields
for which the shading could have been displayed.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"M" wrote in message
Fantastic, thank you.

Try ToolsOptionsView and change Field Shading to Never.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"M" wrote in message
Can anyone help I am trying to mail merge my Christmas letters, first
name etc is highlighted, and when merged and printed they come out in a
grey box. I have tried clicking 'Highlight merged fields' to
'unhighlight' in the tool bar all to no avail. I am using Windows XP.

Can anyone save my sanity and help

Thank you.