Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Office Comp Pack for 2007

Hello fletchb

fletchb wrote:
[..]
The install process seemed to be complete, but there is no evidence of the
Comp Pack files in my Add/Remove Programs lists.

I'm sitting at a very old computer with Office 2000 here (XP SP2) and
the Compatibility Pack does show in Add/Remove Software (including a SP1
for the Compatibility Pack and a Security Update for Office 2007 :-)).
These are separate entries from the main Word/Office entry.

Am I correct to assume that the Comp Pack should enable my 2002/2003
machines to open Excel 2007 files directly from these Excel programs?

Yes. And Word 2000-2003 should open docx files with installed
compatibility pack.

..2cents
Robert
--