Carole O

Open the attachment again, and select save. Note where Office saved the file
- probably to a Temporary Internet file. The file you worked on and saved
should be there. Remember - the next time you open an attachment, save as
immediately to a folder you select - not one Office selects!

Hope this helps,
Carole O
"Sheenemm" wrote:

I opened a word document attached to an email message in my inbox. I modified
it a great deal and while doing it, kept on saving it. When I closed the
email and came back in again, the changes were gone.

How does this work? Isn't this misleading on part of word to behave in this
manner? Giving an appearance of saving a document while really not saving it?
Is there anyway I can retrieve what I did?

Please advice.