Ricki Miles

That's exactly my problem. Can you think of another solution? The client
needs a template that is "locked down" so users cannot changes existing text
and formatting - thus, the protected form fields. But the number corporate
standard is a space instead of a comma and the fields need to calculate
properly.

I have tried many things, but nothing seems to work. Formatting can be
customized like this in Excel. Do you think this form should have an on
exit macro that takes the numbers from Word into Excel, formats them and
sends them back? I wouldn't know how to write the macro to go from one
program to another. I would be happy to make the form with macrobuttons and
empty fields (control+F9), but then there is no protecting the text from
users who want to change it.

Thanks for the help,

Ricki
"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ricki,

Now I see your problem, I just selected the standard format

Replaced the commas with spaces:

and ran some test.

1 returns $1.00
1234 returns $1 234.00

however the calculations are treating the 1 234 as two numbers. If I
add

$ 1 234.00 and $2.00 I am getting $237.00 or 1 + 234 + 2

I am stumped right now :-(