Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,sci.lang.translation
[email protected] benkree@yahoo.com is offline

Default Program or macro for word/line counts in Track Changes?

Hello...

I'm a technical editor and translator. When editing, I correct clients'
texts using Track Changes in Word 2002. To facilitate more accurate
pricing, I'd like a program or macro that enables me to count a) number
of lines that include one or more changes, and/or b) total number of
words modified or inserted. [Secondarily, I'd also like the program or
macro to count the number of empty lines, so I can subtract them from
my reckonings. I'd also like to be able to do all these things within a
highlighted section of text, not just for the whole document.]

I've tried Practiline, which says it will count number of insertions,
but I can't get it to work. [Possibly my fault, not theirs, don't want
to do their program down]

Any other suggestions? Would it be possible to write a macro myself?
Perhaps I can achieve the same thing some other way, e.g. by comparing
before and after versions?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Ben