Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shane in London Shane in London is offline

Default How do I set up Track Changes so that it doesn't flag deletion

Thanks for the link - I guess I'm a "dismayed veteran user", according to
that site!

Hopefully when they get round to upgrading us to a newer version of Word,
I'll find that they've put this particularly quirk "back the way it was"; in
the meantime, I guess I'm resigned to marking my changes the old fashioned
way.

It all begs the question: Who, exactly, thought that the removal of a
perfectly good feature was a good idea?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I'm sorry. You are right; the introduction of the balloons added some
features to track changes, but removed others--including the choice to
hide deletions. :-(

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shane in London" wrote in message
But that's what I'm saying - in Word 2002 there isn't an option to

do so!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options, disable the balloons

and
set the display of deleted text to "Hidden."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shane in London" wrote in message
I'm running Word 2002 SP-2. I the previous version of Word that

ran, you
were able to specify in Track Changes that you didn't want

deletions
to be
marked. I'm editing a document now, and all I want to do is show

line down
the outside of the page for changes, but all it will let me do

for
deletions
is show them scored through or with balloons. Surely Microsoft
haven't made
the Track Changes feature less user friendly for Word 2002?

Looks like I'll either have to do it the old fashioned way and

draw
the
lines on with the cursor, or I'll have to bodge it by turning

off
Track
Changes to make my deletions, turning it back on again and

inserting
a space,
both of which will be exceedingly irritating and time consuming,

and
are in
my opinion quite a large step backwards.

Anybody know if I can highlight deletions with a line down the

side
of the
page only?