Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default How to search and replace multiple tabs

Hi Adelle,

For a TOC field, the 'correct' way is to edit the relevant TOC Styles. Otherwise the tabs are liable to reappear as soon as you
update the TOC field.

If the tabs are in the headings being picked up by the TOC, though, you'll need to either edit the headings themselves or change the
TOC Style to that the two tabs are effectively treated as one (eg by placing the corresponding tab stops as close together as
possible - which seems to be about 1.25pts apart).

--
Cheers
macropod

"Adelle Gibson" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create a macro to search and replace one tab with two in a TOC. Problem is I currently have three tabs set in the
paragraph and the one that I want to replace is the second tab. When I run the search and replace it changes the first tab to two.
Any ideas on how to get around this problem.

Ex (current):
1.(tab)text(leader tab)digit

Ex (desired):
1.(tab)text(leader tab)(tab)digit

ASP.NET: Hamburger, Yes! AJAX, "NOT!", Redux!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...urger-yes.aspx