BRPtacek

Thank you While it doesn't quite get me to where I want, it does answere the
puzzle of missing pages (which aren't missing after all.)

My objective is to try to have a document that is like a book, linking
chapters which are other documents. And doing my editing in the individual
chapters but having updates reflected in the book whene I print it. I thought
the linl or imbed was the way to go, but it looks like once I deit a chapter
and just need to delete the onld chapter and re-insert the new one in the
book. Thanks for your help

"CyberTaz" wrote:

The whole file is being linked to, but only the first page is being
_displayed_ because Linked objects are like pictures & other graphics...
They cannot extend beyond the limits of the page into which they are
inserted. If you double-click the object the file will open in a Word window
& all will be accessible.

If you want the entire content of the 'Source" file to be contained (and
display) in the 'Client' file, you don't want a linked or embedded object.
Instead, use InsertFile to copy the Source content in on a page-for-page
basis.

If this isn't satisfactory, please give a clearer detailed indication of
what you are hoping to accomplish. Perhaps there are other alternatives to
consider.

HTH |:)

On 8/15/05 6:11 PM, in article
, "BRPtacek"
wrote:

When I insert a linked object (another word document) only the 1st page of
the linked document is included. I have checked option setting is the linking
and linked word files but nothing appears to control that.