Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Styles won't stick

I found that. It helps a little bit.

I use a lot of Find/Replace with styles and highlighting -- the dialog box for Find Styles / replace styles has every style
listed. That's the one I'd like to truncate. Is that possible?

I'd also like a shortcut on to find by highlighting. Like a control+___ something. I can find/replace italics and underline
by control+I, or ^u. Do you know of a way to get a keyboard shortcut to find/replace highlighting? Thanks.

Word XP.

BTW, I use the menu bar dialog boxes for formatting and styles. I don't use the pane on the right-hand side. Old eyes --
need all the screen space for these LARGE fonts now. ;-)

Lady Dungeness
Crabby, but Great Legs!

On Mon, 5 May 2008 17:20:13 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the Styles and Formatting task pane, at the bottom, is a dropdown box
from which you can select Available styles, Styles in use, All styles (which
is a joke), and Custom. Choosing Custom opens the Format Settings dialog, in
which you can set visibility.