Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daniel J. Parietti Daniel J. Parietti is offline

Default Queries missing from available data sources in mail merge

To PEter or ANyone Else Who Might Able to Assist:

I am using Office 2007 and am having the same problem as that related by
the user 'faresatpta'. I followed the directions you provided in your reply
but was not able to find (in the Advanced settings) any option where I can
specify the DDE option for Word documents to communicate with my Access '07
databases.

Any other thoughts. I've been knocking my head on this problem for a few
days and am getting behind in my work. Otherwise, I will have to reinstall
Office '97.

Dan (Let's Go Sail Lightnings!)

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word/Access?

Typically to see all the queries, including parameter queries, queries that
use user-defined Access VBA functions, and so on, you have to connect to
Access using DDE . he default method since Word 2002 has been OLE DB. To
change to DDE, in Word 2002/2003 check Word Tools-Options-General-Confirm
conversions at open, go through the connection process again, and select the
DDE option when you see it. If you're on Word 2007, the option is in Office
Button-Word options-Advanced (near the bottom) and you may also have to
click the "Show all" button in the Confirm Source dialog box.

Other query types can cause problems too, e.g. if they contain wildcards -
but maybe you could let us know if that is the case.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"faresatpta" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using a query in one of my Access databases,
not all queries are showing up on the list when I select the database.
This
used to work and showed all the queries in that database, but stopped
working.