Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Default word for windows 98

I didn't think they were pre-installing Word but not giving the disks back
then.

That being the case, you're out of luck. You'll need to know that you cannot
run Word 2003 on a computer with Win 98. When you replace your disks, make
sure it's 2002 or older.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Terrikat50" wrote in message
Thank you for your info but it came preinstalled on my computer.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Word is not a part of Windows. It is a separate software program that
you
will need to re-install.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Terrikat50" wrote in message
Help! My word DISAPPEARED when I had to reload Windows 98. The
documents
are listed but when I try to open them, I am asked what program I want
use. None of the programs listed is Word; none of the listed programs
work.
I have browsed my Windows 98 installation disc and cannot find "word."
am
desperate!