Bubba Gump Shrimp

Default apply a template to existing documents

sorry I previously posted with the wrong subject.

ok, per instructions on Suzanne Barnhill's site, I've been able to create a
letterhead template that has a header and footer only on page three of a
blank document and subsequent pages will not have the header and footer.

Now I'll tell you what we're trying to do. We've just converted from Word
Perfect to word and have a lot of word documents that we call "reports" that
we mail out. Page1 is a cover page, page2 is a table of contents, page3
begins an analysis that will go on for roughly 4 pages. What I need to do is
somehow convert all of these pre-existing reports to use my newly created
template so the existing page3 ends up in my template where i have the
header and footer on page 3.

I tried to open my template, choose insert file and choose one of the
existing reports and all it did was push my 3 page template to the end.
Ooops. I also tried templates and add-ins from tools but can't figure out
how to make that work either. Certainly there's a way to apply a template to
an existing document.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Buster