Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default Find any text inside single inverted commas

Not sure what else to suggest - I just double checked and it works for me -
it does assume your quoted strings have space or punctuation before and
after but that would be normal. Can you give an example of something that
isn't found (with a little context).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response but this doesn't work for me. I am still able to

use
'*' to find any two inverted commas and all the text in between but when I
put around it so that the Find box contains '*', I get a message to

say
that the search item was not found.

--
Thanks,
MarkN

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

You may have some problems depending on exactly waht sort of quotes you
have, but this ought to do it.

In Find and Replace
Check "Use Wildcards"
Find: '*'

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm sure this is easy if you know how but I want to find any words

contained
inside single inverted commas, for example, 'test' but I don't want to

find
text strings that contain two single inverted commas, for example,

he's
slow
but it's not his fault.

Any ideas would be appreciated.