Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ian R Ian R is offline

Default Mail merge form does not retain link to Excel data file

Hi

I'd be very grateful if anyone can shed some light on this error...

I have set up a mail merge form which gets its data from an excel sheet.

It all works fine except that I each time I open the mail merge form it
doesn't have a link to the data file - nearly all the buttons on the mail
merge toolbar, apart from two, are greyed out. So I have to click the "open
data source" button and navigate to the folder containing the Excel data
file and select it to recreate the link.

How do I get my form to retain the link?

Also I used to have a button on the mm toolbar which would allow me to edit
the data source but that is no longer there - even after the data source has
been manually linked as I described above.

Thanks for your time and invaluable assistance.

Ian