Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Outline view

What you're witnessing is expected behavior - you can't just arbitrarily
pick a subordinate level & display that level only. The levels are nested
within one another so in order to display any one level the levels it's
nested within have to be displayed as well.

If you have an intended purpose there may be some thoughts to be offered but
you'd need to specify what version of Word as well as what it is that you're
ultimately trying to accomplish.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/7/08 12:51 PM, in article
, "maryliz"
wrote:

How do I get the outline view to show only level 3. Each time I choose level
3 I have to take 1 and 2 along with it.

Thanks!