Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRWitte JRWitte is offline

Default Word 2003 does not have a Save Word files as "Text Only with Line Breaks"

How can I accomplish what we were doing in Word 2000 within Word 2003. We are
using macros to save our documents. The macro does a number of things for us
including using our default save choice in Tools/Options/Save Save Word files
as: Text Only with Line Breaks (*.txt). Word 2003 only has "Text Only (*.txt)
" which does not put in line breaks. The files are for use in an external
data base program and without the line breaks it reads the file as a single
line unless we press enter at the end of each line, which is not very
conducive to typing fast.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

Jim