Ctrl+A to select all the text in the document. Then go to Tools | Language |
Set Language and make sure that the correct language is selected and that
"Do not check spelling or grammar" is not checked. Clearing the check box
for "Detect language automatically" is also a good idea since language
autodetection doesn't work very well. Then click on Default... and answer
Yes.

"Claud" wrote in message
Please - i`ve been searching these forums for hours now trying to find

answer
to my problems. My spell check gets the "cant find mss232.dll" again and
again. Then I did what you advised me to - "if Word thinks your text is in

languange you dont have proofing tools for...(...)" etc... I did what was
adviced - and the problem seemed to dissapeare. But then i realized the
spelling check actually never goes trough. I wrote a doc. with many
deliberate errors - and i still get "the word and spell check is complete"
I really do not understand what to do!

Please - I need answer to this problem asap!!