Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Folders are arranged by date; how to change to alphabetical?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:39:02 -0800, "david72"
wrote:

In Word, when I use "Open" to get a file or folder, the files and folders are
arranged by date of use instead of alphabethical (the way they used to be).
How can I change it back to alphabethical order?

It depends on your version of Office.

In Office XP or Office 2003, right-click any blank area in the File
Open dialog list. In the popup menu, select Arrange Icons By and then
select Name.

In earlier versions, click the down arrow next to the Views button in
the top toolbar (the one that looks like a window). At the bottom of
the dropdown, select Arrange Icons and then select By Name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman