Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Does Word show you how many rows are in your table?

This feature has been requested repeatedly, and the latest word is that Word
developers can't figure out a way to do this dynamically without severely
impacting performance because of the complexity of merged cells, nested
tables, etc. (Of course at one time they said the same thing about a dynamic
word count.) As a next-best solution, you can download the TableCellHelper
macro from http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and add
it to your toolbar. When you click on the button to run the macro, Word
returns the current cell address and the total number of rows and columns in
the table.

"Marcel_C" wrote in message
I'm working with tables that I did not create myself and they are very

large.
All I want to know is what row/column I'm in at any given time and how

many
total rows are in the table without having to manually count them.

WordPerfect would always show you exactly what Row/Column you were in in

the
status bar. Does WORD have this feature anywhere?