Doug Robbins

Default Word mail merge more time consuming in Office 2003.

You can reinstate the previous interface by selecting Customize from the
Tools menu and then on the Customize dialog, selecting the Commands tab and
then the All Commands category and then scroll down through the list of
commands until you come to the mailmerge helper item and click and drag it
onto a tool bar.

Note however, with the new interface, your data sources are NOT all in one
file. They will be in separate files in the one folder which is named "My
Data Sources"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ann Shaw" wrote in message
When I upgraded to Office 2003 I was disappointed in the "improvements" to
Word's mail merge. The most annoying change is not having the choice of
not
using the pop up window and the default for the list data going to "My
Data
Sources". I do work for several organizations and do not want my lists
included in one file. Also, you can't sort on more than one criteria
unless
done before beginning the mail merge. I understand most of what you were
trying to do, but it made it worse for advanced users. Thank you for
allowing me to comment.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds