Charles Kenyon

"Templates" are different - very different - from "list templates." Please
read the articles.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"MikeR" wrote in message

Charles:

I know how to create and modify templates, but I'm not really good at
troubleshooting them. Maybe I didn't explain the problem properly. When
attach this client's template, which was created in Word 2000, to one of
her
files that I open in Word 2002, not all of the styles come over right.
For
instance, one style is to put a hanging indent on the start of each
paragraph
in the body, which works fine when attached to a file opened in Word 2000,
but in Word 2002, it comes over with a bullet. Another style is a regular
left justified, bolded heading, but it comes through as bulleted with
"Table"
in front of the numbering.

We can't figure out why people who open the file and attach the template
in
Word 2002 all seem to have this issue with styles randomly changing to
bulleted ones (either when initially opened or when opened by the client
in
Word 2000 after they've been worked on in Word 2002).

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I doubt that the problem has anything to do with Word 2002 vs Word 2000
(but
could be wrong). I suspect you've run into list templates. See: How to
create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html,
the
subject is related.)