Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default MsgBox during merge

I want the merge to start and process up to a certain point, then stick in
a Message along the way. I can start the merge with VBA, no problem. I'm
having trouble interceding midway through the mergeform with a message
box.

OK, in that case the VBA that does . Execute then Msgbox that I suggested
clearly isn't going to work.

Identifying the last record in the merge is not a problem for me...I'm
good with that part)

What options are available to you on this front, before the merge is
initiated? Can you use VBA to determine how many records are about to be
merged - e.g. if the source is Access or Excel, you might be able to issue a
SQL query via ADo to detrmine the record count? Or maybe you could iterate
through MailMerge.DataSource in VBA once without actually merging, just to
establish how many records there are?

Peter Jamieson
"Kathy Webster" wrote in message
Is there a way to put code somewhere in the merge form itself

There are several ways to start a merge. What is your understanding of a
"Merge form" ?

I don't have a problem starting the merge. I have a problem interceding
once the merge has started. A Merge Form, in my definition, is started
through Tools, letters and mailings, creating the main document and the
datasource. I am refering to the Main Document when I refer to
"Mergeform." It has {MERGEFIELD} codes in it, as well as Word field codes,
such as{FILLIN}, {ASK}, etc.