-mike-

"Gerry Atrick" wrote in message

"-mike-" wrote in message

I copied and pasted both of your lists into my Word 97 and got "Word Found
No Valid Records To Sort". However, when I viewed the 'non-printing'
characters I discovered that each line ends with a carriage return rather
than a new paragraph. Replacing the carriage returns with paragraphs and
then using sort works fine. hope this makes sense.

Michael

I think you may have hit upon the answer Michael! I copied the text, then
dropped it into notepad (which stripped any non visible characters) then
loaded it back into Word as a text find and re-sorted it. Now it seems to
be fine.

Not really sure where I've gone wrong, or whether there is some kind of
operation I can do in Word to remove the problem!

Cheers,

Mike.