This line is defined as a three-em dash. To create it, insert three em
dashes, which in most fonts will provide a continuous line (if they don't in
your selected font, you can use Format | Font | Character Spacing to
condense them). To insert an em dash, use Alt+0151 (on the numeric keypad)
or Alt+Ctrl+Minus (on the numeric keypad) or insert from the Special
Characters tab of Insert | Symbol.

"Douglas Ayling" Douglas wrote in message
How do I make a solid line out of minus signs?

I need one for when an author's name appears more than once in a

bibliography.
It must be at the height of a minus sign so an underscore won't do.
Any thoughts?