Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07

If you are looking for the Paste Unformatted option, as Peter Daniels
describes below, then on the Home tab, click the arrow below the Paste
button, click Paste Special, and then select "Unformatted Text".

If you prefer to make unformatted text your default Paste action then:

- Click the Office Button, click Word Options, then click Advanced.
- In the Cut, Copy, and Paste section you'll find some options for your
default paste action for pasting.
- Set the applicable option (or all of them if you'd like) to "Keep Text
only".

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier
version of Word?

I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since
you seem to be saying you _don't_ want to preserve various aspects of
formatting.

On Jan 1, 3:58 pm, TechLearner
wrote:
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I
have
been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm
trying to
rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all
other
document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is
unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks.