Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default view index entries

AFAIK, There isn't any such list - other than the index, itself - although I
imagine someone may have a macro for such a purpose. In the meantime, it's
only if you are manually encoding each Index field item that this would be a
concern: If you're using the Mark All button in the Insert Index Entry
dialog that alone should obviate the problem - as you come to an item you
intend to have in the Index it will already be marked if previously added.
With non-printing characters displayed (¶) the {XE~} codes will be visible.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/4/07 5:44 AM, in article
, "
wrote:

Thank you, but I meant how, as I mark an index entry I can see a list
of all the entries that are in the index already. I don't want to have
to go hunting through the whole doc for this I just want to see, as I
mark, that there is already an entry for, say :Presidents, Abe
Lincoln... etc.
Thank You