Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default page layout

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, OK. Then try
resetting the Page Setup. If this works in a single document, you'll need to
make the change in Normal.dot (you can change the Page Setup using the
Default... button in the dialog, but you have to open Normal.dot to make the
change in the Columns dialog); see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"Bob" wrote in message
word 2003 when i start word up it starts with a horizontally split page

that
is square and says that there are two pages per sheet. if I try to

change
it to normal it tells me 'increasing right margin causes last column to
become too narrow in some sections having unevenly spaced columns' ok
well it is not ok but there is only the one button to press. The only

way
I can get a A4 page in portrait is to load an old letter and wipe all the
info. If I change the margins in the page set up box to the ones being

used
by the old page I've just uploaded it still gives me the previous note and
refuses to go into normal A4 portrait. I have tried saving the made A4

page
and exiting the word program with it up and clearing formats from the edit
pull down, I have even wiped office off my computer and reloaded it but it

is
still the same. Can anyone shine a light on the problem please?
--
Thanks Bob