Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert the caret mark over a letter?

On Jan 14, 10:17*pm, Kay wrote:
I need to put the caret mark over the e in Renee. *How do I do that?

You don't. There are no circumflex accents in that name.

You want an acute accent: Ctrl-' (apostrophe) e.

If you ever do need a circumflex accent, it's Ctrl-Shift-6 (caret)
followed by the vowel.

(And, to round out the French accents, Ctrl-` for the grave, Ctrl-
Shift-: (colon) for the dieresis, and Ctrl-, (comma) for the cedilla.)