Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mail merge is not recognizing all of data source

When you open an Excel workbook as a data source using the default
method in Word 2002 and later (OLE DB), a dialog box pops up showing
whatever "tables" the OLE DB provider sees in the workbook. There is
typically one for each spreadsheet, but there may also be one for each
/range name/ in the workbook that specifies an area in a worksheet.
Excel creates some range names of its own, e.g. if you specify a range
to print, or specify that a certain region contains a database. I don't
know whether Excel does anything that creates a range name called
"linked," but if you make a backup copy of the sheet and remove the
"linked" name it should disappear from the list available to Word.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Julie wrote:
I tried several things and the problem ended up being the data source. When
I go to open data source, there are two copies of my spreadsheet. One is
called "linked" and that is the one that doesn't work. I am going to post a
new question as to how to get rid of that.
Julie

"Julie" wrote:

I have used a mail merge with an excel spreadsheet for several years.
Recently, the mail merge is recognizing only half of the spreadsheet. Any
suggestions?