Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Dictionary backup

You probably aren't including hidden and system files and folders in your
search. In Word 2007, go to Office Button | Word Options | Proofing and
click the button for Custom Dictionaries. In the Custom Dictionaries dialog,
select CUSTOM.DIC in the list, and you will see the full file path. The
default is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\UProof.

http://word.mvps.org

"Deej Hernandez" wrote in message

Can you tell me where to find that? A search for custom.dic on my
computer
turns up nothing but covers for books in my Book Collector program.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Custom.dic is the file you want to back up. For others, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm (but note that the
Normal template in Word 2007 is Normal.dotm).

http://word.mvps.org