Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kaka Kaka is offline

Default Auto saving

Thank you for your generous guidance. Kaka, 20061213.

On Dec 13, 12:11 pm, Daiya Mitchell
wrote:
By keying Control+S every "minute or two".

That's hardly automatic - which is certainly possible (though it would annoy
the hell out of me) - seehttp://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htmIt's locked into my muscle memory, and has become an automatic part of

typing for me, to the extent that I do it when filling in text forms in
webpages, because if I've been typing for a while, it must be time to hit
control-S. (it is a little annoying when I accidentally bring up the "save
webpage?" dialog--I need to reassign that command in my browser)

The advantage of getting your fingers to memorize this combo is that you get
in the habit of saving in just about every application. If you hardly notice
you are doing it, it's unlikely to annoy. I think I do it more often than
every minute or two, certainly every time I pause to think.

I believe I developed this habit in a earlier Word version (Word 6?) that
had the option to give you a dialog prompt "save now?" if it had been 10
minutes since the last save. Since that prompt was a super annoying
interruption to my flow of thought, I quickly learned that if I always
remembered to save myself, the prompt would not come up.

Daiya