I don't know any way around the first problem. The answer to the second
question is yes. For more on indexes, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

"Sue" wrote in message
I'm doing my first index and had a few basic questions:

I made a concordance table and want to search for "Mexico" - it's giving

me
every entry of "New Mexico" also. Is there a way to eliminate this

problem?

Also, in the concordance table do you have to include plural and singular
versions of the words; and capitalized and lower case versions of the

word?
--
Sue