macropod

Default Combining DDE Expressions

Hi Ademar,

A couple of points:
1. The path for an INCLUDEPICTURE field needs to be fully spelt out,
including the drive letter. AFAIK, you can't use network paths.
2. The \*CHARFORMAT and \* MERGEFORMAT switches are superfluous

Try something like:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:/My Documents/PicPath/Sigs/{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data
CONTACT2-UACCTMGR}.BMP" \d}

An alternative approach might be to use the DDEAUTO field to create a
bookmark and use that in the INCLUDEPICTURE field:
{SET PicName {DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UACCTMGR}}
and
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:/My Documents/PicPath/Sigs/{PicName}.BMP" \d}

Also, if the DDEAUTO field includes a path or filename extension, you should
delete them from the rest of the INCLUDEPICTUREfield.

Cheers
PS: INCLUDEPICTURE fields and the like normally use double back-slashes
(i.e. '\\') as path separators, but single forward-slashes, as shown above,
work just as well.

"Ademar" wrote in message
I use GoldMine's (CRM Software) link with Microsoft Word to merge

documents.
GoldMine uses DDE to feed data from its database to Word. Here's an

example
of a GoldMine DDE command that I can plug in to MS Word:
{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UACCTMGR \*CHARFORMAT}.

At the same time, I use some of Word's own merge commands to insert images
as a dynamic link. Here's an example:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Sigs/ADEMAR.BMP" \* MERGEFORMAT \d}

In this case, I'm merging a picture called "ADEMAR.BMP". What I need to
accomplish is have the picture file name be dynamic. I need the filename

be feed through to Word from GoldMine's DDE command shown above. I tried
nesting GoldMine's DDE command into Word's DDE command but it didn't work.
It seems that Word is using whatever GoldMine feeds at the time I inserted
the DDE command and saved the document as a template. Therefore, it

always
links the picture that was used when I first created/saved the template.

have successfully combined GoldMine's DDE Commands with Word's DDE

Commands
in the past but I have not had any luck with this one. I've tried several
variations of the following:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Sigs/{DDEAUTO GoldMine Data CONTACT2-UACCTMGR
\*CHARFORMAT}.BMP" \* MERGEFORMAT \d}

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ademar.