Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Bob,

You have made certain that you don't have the "text boundaries" option
activated in Tools/Options/View? (Just double-checking the obvious, first)

You don't mention the version of Word, but I assume 2002 or 2003? There are
some things that have to do with Asian languages in the Setup list that could,
perhaps, be triggering this, such as "Office Shared Features/International
support" (that's the only one I see, at the moment, but I seem to recall
there's another, maybe under Word). You might check and uninstall these things,
see if that makes a difference.

I have read many messages in this newsgroup that explain that un-wanted
margin marks or crop marks that appear in Print Preview mode are caused by
having Asian languages enabled. And I've read Microsoft's directions on how
to use the MS Office Languages tool to disable these languages and remove
the margin marks. ( http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 )

So far this has not worked for me. The marks are still there and "Asian
Layout" appears under the Format menu. I have only one version of MS Word
installed. I do have Outlook and Outlook Express installed and have checked
every option of theirs that I can think of. I have deleted Normal.dot and
rebooted, etc.

Would anyone have an additional ideas? I need to capture screen prints of
Word document pages for illustration use elsewhere and the margin marks must
be removed first.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org