Bob Ostwald

Cindy,

In "Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings," the only enabled language is
"English (U.S.)." I'm stumped.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Bob

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Yes, this does sound very much like Asian language stuff. You looked in
the
Office Language Tools to make sure all languages except the one you're
currently using are deactivated? I just took a quick look for the first
time in
ages in mine, and saw "Albanian" was activated. I sure never did that...

What is weird is that the margin marks only appeared a month or so ago
after
many months of using Word. I wonder if it's possible that opening a
document
that included Asian language text could have triggered the Asian language
features. I shared the Microsoft tech doc on margin marks with the head
of
our tech services department who personally looked through the set-up on
my
machine and came up blank as well. I will probably try a complete
uninstall/reinstall but the discussions I have read suggest that this
does
not solve the problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland