Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Um9iZXJ0IFdlcm5lcg==?=,

I want to know how to display items in the toolbar, such as the style list
but disable it so you can't apply styles from it. I also want to know how to
disable other toolbars.

It can only be done with a macro. the basic code is along these lines:

CommandBars("Formatting").Controls(1).Enabled = False

Before you execute a set of commands like this, however, you do need to tell
Word WHERE you want these changes to be stored. I don't imagine you want them
in all your documents? Just in documents created from this template? In that
case, run it with the focus in the template with
CustomizationContext=ActiveDocument

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org