One place to start is
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm

"Robert Werner" wrote in message
Loooks, good, but i something here is missing. could you give me some more
directions.

I only have experience recording macros and copying macros with fine tune
modifications. I'd like to script macros properly. What book would you
recommend for learning how to script in visual basic?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Um9iZXJ0IFdlcm5lcg==?=,

I want to know how to display items in the toolbar, such as the style

list
but disable it so you can't apply styles from it. I also want to know

how to
disable other toolbars.

It can only be done with a macro. the basic code is along these lines:

CommandBars("Formatting").Controls(1).Enabled = False

Before you execute a set of commands like this, however, you do need to

tell
Word WHERE you want these changes to be stored. I don't imagine you want

them
in all your documents? Just in documents created from this template? In

that
case, run it with the focus in the template with
CustomizationContext=ActiveDocument

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org