Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rjwest0004@gmail.com is offline

Default Can't remove highlight

On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 2:41:13 AM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
Highlighting applied via the Highlighting tool on the Home tab can be
removed as follows: Select the whole document by pressing Ctrl+A and
then click the arrow on the Text Highlight Color button and choose the
"No Color."

To remove font and paragraph shading you can run the following macro:

Sub ClearAllShadingFromDoc()
'Macro created by Stefan Blom, MVP, January 2015

With ActiveDocument.Content.ParagraphFormat.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With

With ActiveDocument.Content.Font.Shading
.Texture = wdTextureNone
.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Finally, an easy solution!

I didn't even realize I had a light shading on until I got counted off on one of my papers. I realized it was a shading issue, but you cannot un-shade the entire document at one. Word forces you to highlight each shaded portion at a time. Any non-shaded characters or spaces that you highlight will prevent Word from removing the shading from the entire document if there are any breaks in it. This macro gets around that easily!