Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Mike Starr Mike Starr is offline

Default Suppress paragraph "spacing before" at top of page

I've always found it particularly frustrating that there is no documentation
about what the distinction is between the various options...

Suppress extra line spacing at top of page
Suppress extra line spacing at top of page like Word 5.x for the Mac
Suppress extra line spacing at top of page like WordPerfect 5.x
Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break

How the hell do I know what those mean?? And furthermore, how do I know
what's going to happen when I make multiple selections (since they're all
check boxes).

arggh

Mike
"John McGhie" wrote in message
snip
Word does have an option in teh Compatibility Options that allows you to
force it to sppress space above at the top of the page always. Be careful
with that one: it can result in some strange effects, and you have to set

it
for each document.