Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather C.[_2_] Heather C.[_2_] is offline

Default Is a form, template, or table best (when used by multiple user

One last question for everyone, but if necessary, I can post a new question.

Does anyone know how to tab or know what the command is to tab from one
field to another so the user can quickly fill out the form? Without knowing
this, pressing tab only creates a tab within the field or table cell itself,
instead of tabbing to the next field to fill in. Hope I am making sense.

Thanks again!
Heather

"Summer" wrote:

Absolutely.
"Heather C." wrote in message
Thanks again, Summer. As I indicated to Graham and would appreciate your
confirmation as well, it sounds like I need to open a Word doc, create a
form
with a combination of form fields and tables and save it as a template to
be
filled-in later by other users. Would you agree?

Again, this is awesome and thank you so much!
Heather

"Summer" wrote:

You can adjust the column sizes easily by just dragging your mouse or use
Properties (Tables), change the way individual rows look - some rows need
3
columns other rows may need 1 whole row (merged the columns) and another
set
of rows in a form may need 4 columns to accommodate questions and answers
(check box formfields). You can put borders (black or coloured lines of
different weights), shade the whole row or individual cells in a row - so
many things you can do with a table apart from adding Formfields and text
make it look very professional.

"Heather C." wrote in message
Hi - thanks for quick response. Can you fill me in as to why a table is
favorable over a form? Thanks again.

"Summer" wrote:

Use a Table to layout your form and use formfields and lock the Form.

"Heather C." Heather wrote in message
I need to create a "form" in Word (2007) to be filled out on a
regular
basis
by multiple users, but I do not know if I should create a form, a
template,
or a table. It will include multiple check boxes and multiple fields
for
the
user to type-in detailed information, and I need to make it
aesthetically
pleasing.

I have not done this before, and I am under a deadline so I need to
be
certain that the right foundation (form, template, or table) is
chosen
from
the get-go.

Thank you to all the experts out there willing to offer some advice
and
direction!!