Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Okay. That means your document can have a mixture or correctly placed footnotes and incorrect ones. Also, there may be footnotes in the middle of a sentence, not only at the end.

This code takes care of that. It searches for a footnote and asks if you want it to be transposed. If you click "Yes" then it will do so, else it will move on. Once it reaches end of document, it will ask you if you would like to do the search again from the beginning of document. If you say "Yes", then it will take you to the beginning and you can start again; if "No" then it does nothing.

If you still want to do it by placing the cursor between the footnote ref. and the next character, that can be done too. But this is more useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
On Jul 30, 3:19*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

And Ctrl-Shift-T still brings up a box saying that if I want to add a
digital signature, blah-di-blah-di-blah. (I've never had trouble
assigning a shortcut before! The default assignment for Ctrl-Shift-T
is "Unhang," something I have no use for, not "digital signature"!)

Maybe Ctrl-Alt-T will do it ...

D'oh! I failed to notice that when you click "Customize" to add a
shortcut, it doesn't open to the item that's selected in the list
above, but to the first item in the first list of commands, viz.,
AddDigitalSignature!

And when I tested the new shortcut, I learned that if the period is
already before the next footnote, it'll grab the first letter of the
next sentence. Not really ideal. Takes two Undo's to set it right.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TransposeFootnote2.txt (2.4 KB, 151 views)