WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Line across under the Header Text

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you add a line under your header text in Word 2002.

Using built-in header styles:
  1. Double-click on the header to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. Click on the "Header" dropdown menu and select a header style that includes a line under the text, such as "Accent Bar" or "Emphasis".
  3. Type your header text as usual.
  4. The line should automatically appear under your text. If it doesn't, you can add it manually by clicking on the "Design" tab and selecting "Borders" "Bottom Border".

Using a custom line:
  1. Create a new blank document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab and select "Shapes".
  3. Choose a line shape and draw it to the desired length and thickness.
  4. Right-click on the line and select "Save as Picture".
  5. Give the picture a name and save it to your computer.
  6. Open your main document and double-click on the header to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  7. Click on the "Insert Picture" button and select the picture you just saved.
  8. Resize and position the picture as desired.
  9. Close the header and the line should now appear under your text.