Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2003 Cursor display

You can resolve it permanently by adding the following lines to both an
autoopen and an autonew macro in normal.dot on the errant machine. The
second zoom setting is the setting you normally work at.

With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.Percentage = 500
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With

Reinstalling rarely achieves anything useful and repairing is unlikely to
work because it isn't broken. It's a bug!

A DeLew wrote:
I have also had Office 2003 for several years on my personal PC and
on two laptops. Never saw this dot cursor at all. Wonder if removing
and re-installing Office would resolve it, or doing a repair?