Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Heading styles with Multi-level outline numbering

You are right. I must not have tried the linked styles method with numbered
headings. Just now, only the heading style (& not the numbering) is being
applied even with a list style. This should probably be reported to MS.

The cool thing is that we CAN wait for them to get it right, 'cause the style
separator works now and we're not going to be delivering 2007 files anytime
soon.

PamC

Legal Learning wrote:
Thanks Pam,

I understand about the linked styles and that is a fabulous solution in Word
2007. Howveer, it doesn't work for me when I have outline numbering applied
to the heading style. Perhaps I am applying the numbering wrong. I
understand about the 2007 to 2003 and most of my clients are default saving
to 2003 because of their clients. It might be a while before anyone really
starts defaulting to saving as docx. Espcially law firms! )

Do you have any experience in linking the numbering to the heading styles?
If your files are going to stay in W2007, take advantage of unlinked files:
In the styles pane, make sure to clear the Disable linked styles checkbox. I

[quoted text clipped - 41 lines]
how do I create a table of contents using only the lead in text. (am I
stuck with the style separator still?)