Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default pdf file won't open in word anymore

Word has never in any version been able to open PDF files. You need Adobe
Reader to open PDF format files.
Word 2007 can *save* in PDF format if you install the relevant add-in.

"lollyjane" wrote in message
I have a pdf file saved which I have been able to open in Microsoft Office
Word 2007 until a couple of days ago. I have also downloaded a lot of pdf
files, but cannot open them in word either. If I open Adobe and then the
files they work ok, but I was just wondering why I can not longer access
them
through Word.