Herb Tyson [MVP]

Is the template present on the new computer, and is it attached to the
document in question?

You don't say what version of Word you're using, so specific steps are hard
to provide. However, I'd check Tools - Templates and Add-ins, and see if the
the attached template is uwthesis_word.dot. If it is, then click Attach and
see if uwthesis_word.dot shows up in the folder listed. If it's there, then
click on it and choose Open.

If it's not there (and I'm guessing that it's not), then note the location
(probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates), download a new copy of uwthesis_word.dot and put
it into that location. You might need to re-attach it to make Thesis_Tools
show up in the menu.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"bvuk" wrote in message
news
My current document was started in April and based on the template,
downloaded from this page:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...Cs28iwGJm_TECw

This template document offers extra menu, Thesis_Tools.

In the meantime, I've changed the computer and had to reinstall the whole
Microsoft Office suite.

Suprisingly, the document is not showing this extra menu anymore
(Thesis_Tools). It has to be present somewhere, within the template
structure
- does somebody know how to enable it?

thanks ....